Saturday 7 February 2009

Stop The War Coalition


As I have previously written; Chris and I both joined Stop The War Coalition. We can see the anti-war movement growing and again today, we (well me and 5 others, as Chris is not well and we thought it unwise for him to stand in the cold) stood on Market Street for 1.5 hours asking people to sign the petition and donate to the DEC appeal. Mark Krantz (Stop The War Manchester Convenor) had done about 2000 leaflets for the BBC vigil and we must have handed out about half and we got a lot of signatures and just over £83 in donations and Mark managed to sell half the Gaza badges, so not too bad a day and although very cold - sunny day but breezy. It is supposed to sleet tomorrow - brrrrrr (amd it's 27C in Hamilton) The photo is of the BBC vigil (extreme protesting!) last Sunday in the snow - this week I came straight home, although if I can get a bus I might go up tomorrow evening for an hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment